Kayaking the Broken Group Islands in One Day
Witness the beauty of crystal clear waters and the white-sand beaches of the Broken Group Islands in this full day kayaking experience.
We are now accepting kayak tour bookings for 2023
Kayaking the Broken Group Islands
Full Day Broken Ground Islands Kayaking Tour Overview
Comprising over 100 islands, islets, and rocky outcrops nestled in the heart of the Barkley Sound, the Broken Group Islands is an internationally acclaimed sea kayaking destination not to be missed.
This breathtaking archipelago located just a short boat ride outside Ucluelet features natural white sand beaches and calm ocean waves perfect for kayaking.
On this full day kayaking tour on the west coast, enjoy a 45 minute boat ride from Ucluelet to the Broken Group Islands where you'll begin your kayaking adventure. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife- we’re known to spot eagles, whales, sea lions, seals, mink, and otters within the protected waters of the Broken Group Islands.
Beginning in 2023, Hello Nature Adventure tours will include a micro beach clean up on all day trips. Once we pick a beach, we will go ashore and make a plan of where to start. We will work together in teams removing as much marine debris as possible, sort the debris into categories to gather data and make sure we can recycle as much as possible.
Who is this kayak tour perfect for?
This kayak tour is perfect for beginner, intermediate, and advanced kayaking levels. Private tours can be arranged for groups of 4 or more guests.
Corporate Beach Cleans are a fun and powerful way to to engage your staff and fulfill your Corporate Social Responsibility. Hello Nature Adventure Tour's Corporate program can help organizations
- Strengthen their community and boost team morale
- Encourage meaningful engagement amongst employees
- Build a stronger work culture and boost Corporate Social Responsibility
- Decrease stress, motivating the team to deliver better results in the workplace
- Create critical awareness about sustainability and important ocean issues
Itinerary for Broken Group Islands Kayak Tour
- Start with a 45 minute boat ride from Ucluelet to the Broken Group Islands
- Spend a few hours paddling, exploring islands, islets, and sandy beaches
- Stop for a fully catered picnic lunch and marine debris removal on one of the many beautiful sandy beach.
- After lunch, further explore the protected waters of the Broken Group, discovering ancient middens, fish traps, and canoe runs of the First Nations who first inhabited the islands.
- Our water taxi will return you to Ucluelet with an estimated arrival time of 5:00pm
What to Expect on Our Broken Group Islands Tour
Broken Group Islands Tour Testimonials
Great kayaks and equipment, awesome lunch, and our guide Amy was the BEST!! Super patient with all of us and made us feel safe and comfortable. Great knowledge and stories. The stone fishing traps and sea life in the lagoon were my favourite!! I’ll be back, this time for an overnight trip!
Well planned and thoroughly professional trip with experienced and attentive guide. Safety paramount. Great equipment provided and fantastic cold lunch served on beach amid the beauty of the islands.
Contact Hello Nature
200 Hemlock Street,
Small Craft Harbour Finger "F",
Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada, V0R 3A0
Toll Free: 1-844-706-2751
Hello Nature Adventure Tours recognises and supports the indigenous rights and title of the Hesquiaht, Ahousaht, and Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations, Ucluelet, Toquaht and Tseshaht - the first peoples of the lands and waters now called Clayoquot Sound and Barkley Sound.